This tutorial will guide you to send an SMS using the karix.io message API from the PHP Helper Library.
To follow this tutorial, you would need:
- An account with Karix.io . Please click here to signup
- Some credits in your account to send SMS
- PHP 5.5 and later
- Your account’s Auth ID and Auth Token from your dashboard (As shown below)
|Pro Tip: All karix.io users get free credits to try out the platform. After creating an account, simply verify your phone number from the dashboard and claim your free credits!|
1. Get the Library
To install the bindings via Composer, add the following to composer.json:
Download the files:
And include autoload.php:
2. Send An SMS
Please follow the installation procedure and then run the following:
- Replace the AUTH_ID and AUTH_TOKEN with your appropriate credentials
- Make sure the destination and source numbers are set correctly
Astute readers will notice that the destination field is an array. This means that for sending SMS to multiple destinations (Bulk SMS), simply add comma separated entries to the destination array.
This is a REST API provided by karix.io and has built-in support for long SMS and also supports multilingual (unicode) characters.
Access the Karix PHP Helper Library on GithubFor detailed information, check out the message API Docs and messaging related FAQs